Sunday, February 19, 2012

Portrait of a Starter: An Unhidden Story: By Lissa Price


Portrait of a Starter: An Unhidden Story

REVIEW

I don’t know that much about Starters, except what I’ve read from the book description on Amazon. But I can tell you that from the little I do know it seems like an interesting book.

Portrait of a Starter: An Unhidden Story seems to be almost a prequel, or at the very least story from early on in the book that sets up some of the relationships and characters. It’s filled with mystery, interesting characters, and engaging writing.

Unfortunately, this story is short. As in it’s possible to finish while eating lunch sort of short. That said, I view this less of a novella (which it certainly isn’t) and more of a set up for the main event (Starters).

But the Portrait of a Starter: An Unhidden Story did it’s job. I now know a little bit more about the series, am interested in it, and will probably buy the book. All in all I’d say it’s done its job well.

INFO

Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Published: February 14, 2012

Price: $1.99

No comments:

Post a Comment